Professional CM Training
The Anser Construction Management Course is a three-day comprehensive curriculum centered around CMAA’s body of knowledge and focuses on the core competencies of Construction Management.
The PCM Course Modules
- What is Construction Management?
- About CMAA, Mission & Vision, Publications, Resources
- Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
- Construction Industry Institute
- (CII), CMAA/CII Alliance, and CII Best Practices
- Construction Management Profession and Certification
- Code of Ethics
- Essential Definitions
- Legal Relationships
- CM Fee Structures
- Enforcement of Terms & Conditions of CM Agreements and Laws
Learning Objectives: Describe the similarities and differences between project and program management; Describe the role of program management during each project phase; Identify the key members needed on a Project Management Team.
- Project Management Definitions, Functions, and Focus
- Goals, Philosophies, and Concepts
- Key Functions of the Project Manager
- Project Management Tools
- Project Management Services by Phase
Learning Objectives: Define Project Management and describe its functions and goals; Describe the key skills of a Project Manager; Describe common tools used for Project Management; Explain the Project Manager’s role during each construction phase.
- Delivery and Procurement Methods
- Contract Forms and Terms
- Contract Administration through Project Phases
Learning Objectives: Gain an understanding of the advantages/ disadvantages of the type of contract administered by studying: delivery methods, procurement methods, types of payment contract terms; Become familiar with the commonalities and differences in the contract forms; Learn the required contract administrative activities in each project phase.
Time Management and Time Management Lab
- Time Management Overview
- CPM Building Blocks
- Calculate the CPM Schedule
- Scheduling by Project Phase
- Time Impact on the Schedule
- Time Management Calculation Activities
Learning Objectives: Explain the importance of time management in CM; Identify the primary objectives of CPM scheduling; Define key CPM terms; Describe the fundamentals of CPM scheduling; Explain how time impacts the project schedule.
Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Introduction to BIM and common applications
- BIM and the role of the CM
- BIM by project phase
Learning Objectives: Describe the primary uses of BIM; Identify the role of the CM with BIM; Describe the role of BIM during each phase of the project.
- Terms and definitions
- Quality Management Plans
- Quality Management by construction phase
Learning Objectives: Define Quality Management terminology; Describe the Quality Management Plan; Evaluate the QA/QC processes; Conduct reviews for quality assurance.
- Sustainability goals, objectives, and requirements
- The CM’s role in sustainability
- Tools for sustainable construction management
- Sustainability by construction phase
Learning Objectives: Describe the common features of a sustainable project; Customize CM tools for a project with sustainability goals and requirements; Understand a Sustainability Plan; Provide leadership to achieve a project’s goals and requirements; Identify tasks by phase.
Cost Management & Value Engineering
- Cost Management overview
- Preliminary budgeting
- Cost Management System
- Cost Estimating
- Cost Management by project phase
- Value Engineering
Learning Objectives: Understand the CM’s roles and responsibilities for controlling project costs; Describe the methods for developing the project and construction estimates and budget; Explain the Cost Management System; Monitor and manage costs during all project phases.
Safety & Risk Management
- Project Safety
- OSHA Requirements and Liability
- CM’s Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Safety Plan Implementation
- Lessons Learned in the Field
- Risk Management
Learning Objectives: Describe the CM’s roles and responsibilities related to safety; Explain OSHA’s requirements and guidelines for construction safety; Recognize liabilities associated with safety violations; Identify and report safety hazards.